UTLearn is The University of Texas at Austin’s employee training management system. UTLearn provides employees greater autonomy in managing training, has dynamic searching, and currently integrates with the University’s existing HR system, HRMS. Eventually, it will integrate with Workday so that completed training from UTLearn can be viewed directly in Workday. Managers have access to multiple reporting options, can easily track the status of their employees’ training, and assign training directly to their employees. UTLearn can track Instructor Led Training (ILT), host online courses, and can be used to build curricula. It also allows course owners to configure their training to meet their or their learners’ needs.
How does this benefit me?
UTLearn benefits UT Austin by reducing the amount of manual work needed to track employee training and provides greater functionality than our legacy systems.
Overall University Benefits
- Central location to manage employee training
- More departmental autonomy in managing training
- Completed UTLearn training viewable in Workday
- Ability to search for training using titles and keywords
- One system to register for both ILT and online training
- Add external training on your transcript ad-hoc
- Email notifications, such as training deadlines, session cancellations, assigned training
- Robust reporting, including employees’ current training statuses, incomplete/overdue training
- Assign training to your employees
- Manager positions are automatically updated for current HR system
How can I learn more?
End-user resources such as FAQs, handouts, job guides, and overview videos are available on the UTLearn website. Structured training is provided for training coordinators who need to build and manage training in the system. Available scheduled sessions can be viewed in UTLearn under the event UTLearn Training Management.
To receive project updates, please subscribe to UTLearn Updates via UTLists.